Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Rainy Days

December 8, 2014

This week was cool. Literally. It rained this week for two straight days! It was wonderful and magical and everything in the world was right for a moment. It made me realize however that Southern California doesn't really know how to deal with any kind of weather aside from the sunshine. So it's probably good that it doesn't rain or do anything here much because I don't think the people or the roads could handle it. But it was great. I've missed the rain. 
One night Sister Johnson and I were singing the Christmas song in the dark, by the light of our mini Christmas tree, listening to the rain outside and I thought "this is as Christmasy as its going to get" it was a happy, jolly night. 

We went and saw Bodies last Monday! It was super fascinating. A little creepy thinking the bodies we were staring at used to be real people, but super duper interesting. I think the nervous system was the coolest. 

There are two families here in the ward who I'm pretty sure are in competition with each other to see who can make the sisters throw up on their table first. It's nice to know they love us, but really, I haven't been hungry since Thursday. 

I got a new I-pad this week! Woot woot. I named him Bart. So that's been exciting. 

Oh! And guess what? While we were in the office getting Bart the assistants were there, so I wondered over and said "so one of the days that we have temple trips is my birthday. So that would be pretty great if those were on the same day."  And then one of them turned around in his chair and was like "when's your birthday?" So I told him and then he put it into his computer then he asked what session I wanted. Wow! Best birthday present ever. I'm sooo excited!!! 

We have this new investigator that's the girlfriend of a less active member and she is awesome. She is straight forward and asks questions and answers questions and she really wants to know what our church is all about. Please pray that things will go well! 

We got to go to the Christmas devotional yesterday. It was great. I really liked it. Did you guys watch it? Also apparently next Sunday our stake is putting on a production of the testaments. That kinda sounds like the coolest thing ever. I'll let you know how it goes. 

This cute lady in our ward is teaching Sister Johnson and I to crochet...with only our fingers. It's pretty fun. And then she gave us two cute hats she crocheted. People are so nice here :) 

Anyways, I'm sure I'm forgetting to tell you guys about something. So sorry about that. Have a super duper Christmasy week. 
I love you!
Love Hermana May


Rainy Day

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!



Our cute crocheted hats!!

I think my district leader decided to put me in a diet...he served my
food for me and this is all I got. He broke my fork in half too so it
was the right size haha

No comments:

Post a Comment