Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter

April 8, 2015

So this week was just peachy. General Conference was great! It's always great . . . Especially on a mission. I just feel so inspired when I watch it. Good thing we have them. I was sad Elder Scott didn't speak though. I like him. My favorite talk, well one of them, was the last one about Keeping the Sabbath day holy. Good stuff. 

Yesterday we went on exchanges. I stayed here and sister Galicia came with me! It was so much fun. We get along so well. We probably had too much fun, but at least we were working . . . Except for when we killed the car. I don't even know how, we didn't leave our lights on... And I'm not sure what else kills a car but the battery was dead. We had to wait for the zone leaders to come and fix it. On the bright side I now know how to jump a car in case I find my self in that situation. The black cord is negative, like satan. Boo yah. 

Today we got to go to the temple. Yay temple trips! Man, you just can't beat the spirit in the temple. We had to get up at five though so we could get ready and drive there for the seven o'clock session. So I'm so tired. But on a happy note I feel like I can successfully get around Orange County now. We had to take three different highways to get to the temple that's only half an hour ish away. Sheesh. 

Afterwards we went out to eat at Denny's as a zone. Good bonding times. The elders were telling all sorts of crazy stories about seeing dead bodies and getting knifes and guns pulled on them and things like that. None of that has ever happened to me- perks of being a sister missionary. You just have to worry about getting stalked. 

For Easter sister Howard and I dyed Easter eggs! That stupid Crayon thing didn't even work so nothing I wrote on the eggs worked. Whatever. They were still colorful. And we ate so much candy. We were like monsters. We couldn't stop ourselves. So now we are on a strict no candy diet. So no one send me candy. I will throw it away or give it away if you do.  But thanks for the package mom, it was delicious while it lasted. 

Anyways, that's about all for today. Our investigators are doing pretty good. We lost a date this week, but hopefully once they work our the issues they'll be able to be baptized and all will be well. Life is easier when you keep the commandments. So do it. 

Have a splendid week! I love you all! 
Love hermana May

Our Easter Eggs

Our Easter Eggs

Easter Bucket Irma made us!

Hand made chocolates that were in our Easter bucket. Cute!!!

Temple trip
  

No comments:

Post a Comment