Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Solid Gold

February 16, 2015

So my week was grand. 

You know that one investigator that your just day dream of all the time? Ya know, the ones who just accept everything you say and already love reading in the Book of Mormon and praying and going to church every week? Yeah. We found her. 

Her name is Irma. I think I talked about her a week or two ago. She's the one who just drove past the Catholic Church she used to go to every week and came to our church and decided that was what she wanted. She's the one with a daughter who is on a mission right now. She is the coolest most prepared person ever. Solid gold. Fíjense family- she got a gospel principles book and she is already half way through it. We asked her to read the first chapter of Nephi and when we came back three days later she gave us a detailed description of what happens in the first ten chapters. She accepted baptism for the 8th of March and it just makes perfect sense to her why she should be baptized again, even Christ was baptized as an adult. She is awesome! We love her to death already. I'm so grateful I got to be part of her experience in accepting the gospel, because she is ready and would have accepted it anywhere by anyone, but I'm glad it got to be me and sister Johnson. 

Um so it was my YEAR mark this week! Woot woot. I didn't really do anything to celebrate . . . Well I took a selfie so I guess that's celebration enough, right? The next day sister Johnson had her six month mark so it's been a pretty monumental week in our books. 

And it was Valentine's Day. What did we do? Well I ate the chocolates you sent me, mom. Thank you! And we had the adult session of stake conference that we went to so that was fun. Shook up the routine a bit. Elder Packer of the seventy was there. He was nice. 

Oh and guess what? Nothing huge and incredible, but it made me feel good about myself. So last Monday we went to the swap meet and then we went to this yummy Italian ice shack place, so we were sitting outside eating and whatnot and there was like cute little 3 or 4 yr old girl that points to me and says "look mommy! It's Ana from Frozen!" And then she stared and smiled at me for the next twenty minutes. I felt famous. 

So there ha have it. My week. How exciting, right? Today we are biking with our zone so we just have an adventurous day ahead of us. We cool. Oh and pray that I won't get sick, because I think it's trying to come on. 

Okay, well I love you guys! Hope February is fantastic still and all that good stuff. 

Love Hermana May 


No comments:

Post a Comment