Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Round 4

January 26, 2015

Okay so my week here was just peachy.

So transfers today. Woot woot. What happened. You wonder? I'm staying
in Garden Grove with sister Johnson! We are happy and oh so excited to
take a nap today. This will be our fourth transfer together. That's
six months. A whole 1/3 of our mission. Crazy, right? She is cool
though so I'm happy with it.

In fact, all of our whole zone is the same again, except for our
district leader left and we get the only black Spanish missionary in
the other district. We are stoked.

Let's see, what happened this week?

Well we taught tithing to two of our investigators that really didn't
like churches asking for money. It went fairly well, I thought. The
wife gets it and is already planning on donating fast offerings. The
husband was a little less thrilled, but he doesn't hate us.  AND they
came to ALL of church this week! Which is a drastic improvement. And
our ward had cake afterwards, so I'm sure that just added to the sure
fun they had.

Not a lot of exciting things happened this week. I played the piano at
an old folks home thing this week. Didn't have anything to play out of
really, so you just kind of went with it. Comforting to know that most
of them won't remember a thing a minute after I'm gone.

We also cleaned a fish tank this week. That was gross. I don't like
fish. Never again will I own a fish.

We met a cool lady this week who is interested in temples. She has
some mormon friends so I think they're going to take her to go see the
San Diego temple soon. But we are excited to keep teaching her, she is
super cool.

Oh and Kyler sent me light sabers for my birthday. Weekly planning is
so much more fun now. He's a true friend.

January is almost over. How crazy is that? It just started, didn't it?
Ay ay ay. But I guess it's better that time goes by real quick than
painfully slow. Right?

Any who that's about it for this week. I hope all your dreams came
true this January.
Love hermana May
Picture of elder Dehlin (DL) and elder Esplin. Thought we'd take a pic
since one of them is leaving and all...


Attachments area
Preview attachment image1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment