Saturday, August 30, 2014

Mission Life Day by Day


So my whole was kinda up and down.

Let's go day by day shall we?

So Monday: we had to play volleyball for zone activity. Gross. But I
decided to be a good sport and play anyways. Probably won't happen
again for another long time down the road. I'm so bad at it. And it
hurts. You just know it's really bad that whenever a part of your body
touches the ball you're whole zone gets real proud of you and cheers.
"Good job sister May!" Or when they start calling the ball for you.
"Sister May's got this one!" Or when they make you serve a bunch of
times because you can't get it over the net, don't worry though,
eventually they'll just say, "you can just throw it over the net
Hermana May."  -_-

Tuesday: Tuesday was great because it was sisters meeting! Or as we
like to call it "princess party"  it's where all of the sisters in the
whole mission meet and eat and talk and have president and his wife
and some other lovely people give talks. This time it was all about
how great we are and inner beauty and don't compare yourself kinda
thing. Good times.

Wednesday: We had district meeting, ate Greek food for district lunch.
Had to drive all over irvine because some people in our zone don't
understand what "follow me" means and end up at a different
restaurant. Sheesh. But the food was good. Sister Noel had her
departing Interview so we hung out at the office for a bit.  There I
got some t shirts! Which is great because I forgot to pack t shirts
when packing for my mission which makes it a little bit difficult to
work out and sleep. But I got two new ones! And now it appears that I
am a LSU fan. Woot woot. Go tigers? That's probably their mascot. We
also went to Costa Mesa to teach one last lesson to one of sister
Noel's converts. It was a good time. And we took Nelly out finding
with us . . . And also to Yogurtland. Have I told you guys about
Nelly?

Thursday: We dropped sister Noel off at the office so President could
take her to the airport so she could go home and stop being a
missionary. It was real sad. We both cried a ton. But President gave
me a blessing so that was good. The rest of the week has been so slow
since she left. Come back.

Friday: um . . . We weekly planned, studied, ate food, Helped the
Galvan family try to learn A Child's Prayer. Haha so funny.

Saturday: that was a rough day. No one was home. I don't care what
preach my gospel says, Saturdays are the hardest days to find people
at home here. They're always at the beach or with their friends or
visiting their family in riverside, or partying, or who knows where
they are. But it's not home. We met some drunk guy who kept creeping
on me. Told me how pretty I was and then kept asking where I lived.
Stranger danger. Don't worry I didn't tell him. Never been happier to
go to bed then I was that night.

Sunday: honestly between church, ward council, food appointments, and
studying, there was no time for anything else. We didn't even finish
the things we were supposed to do. Bad trainer, I know. The bishop
told us we should pass one of our investigators over to the elders. He
and some of the ward members are concerned for our safety. Kinda sad
but I guess better safe than sorry.

Monday: P-day!  But for real, p-day is not as relaxing or preparatory
as you'd hope. You get up, clean, study, write home, grocery shop,
wash the car go to zone activity (better not be volleyball again) then
get back to work. No time on Pday. I need a Pday or my Pday. That's
all.

So that was my week. Oh the life oh a missionary. I know so
interesting. But if no one else liked my email, at least I know that
mom probably did. You're the best mom.

Its my favorite Sisters Birthday this week!! birthday shoutout to the
bestest sister in the whole wide world. Your so old. Happy birthday!

Okay well love you family. You're great. Have a great week. Love
y'all. I'll be praying for you guys and for grandpa.

Love Hermana May





1 comment:

  1. This was one of the best posts to read. I died with the volleyball description "aint that the truth!" totally happens to me when I play volleyball too. and the whole "stranger danger" haha. oh I've had that too. of course none of my experience were on a mission but I loved being able to relate!

    ReplyDelete